Expose Yourself to a Free Book Review
The Naked Reviewers pride ourselves on giving honest reviews on ebooks. All genres are welcome, and we cater to self-published authors.
No ups, no extras. We do free book reviews.
We give honest reviews, not fake ones. We have a reputation to uphold, so we will only pick books that we feel will receive at least a 4-star rating. We DO NOT guarantee 4-star reviews. Many books look really good until about chapter 3, where they promptly fall apart. Our readers expect the best, not mediocre.
The reviews will post on The Naked Reviewers Wednesdays – on a first come first serve basis. The reviews are also shared on Medium.
Some of the Reviewers Don’t Like My Genre
Then they won’t sign up for it. You will still get at least two reviews. What one finds brilliant, another finds garbage. You will never make everyone happy. Some of us may give your book 4 or 5-stars while another gives it 3.5-stars. You don’t want all 5-stars reviews anyway, those look paid for.
Books We Won’t Review
The Naked Reviewers want to give readers a good selection to choose from. All genres are welcome. For all books in any genre, we do not accept:
- Necrophilia – no sex between the living and a dead body.
- Pedophilia/Underage Sex – every character in the story who engages in sex must be at least 18 years-old, implied or otherwise. This includes YA. We know young kids have sex, and if your characters are minors, you will need to “face to black, close the door, or it’s the next day” any sex scenes involving minors.
- Incest – this includes step-parent/step-child and step-siblings that lived in the same residence from childhood.
- Bestiality – sex between a human and an animal. This does not mean shapeshifters. Shapeshifters do not fall into the bestiality category.
- Rape for titillation – this includes non-con and rape.
For historical romance and erotica authors. We all know about the rules that agents and publishers use in regards to sex scenes and minors. The universal age for consent is 18. But that is not realistic in historical times. In bygone eras, young girls were married and having children as young or younger than 13-years-old. We at The Naked Reviewers want you to stay true to the history.
If you write sex scenes that consist of more than “close the door” or “turn off the lights” ALL of the characters actively engaging in sex in the story must be 18. If you are writing a story about a 13-year-old bride, and you have graphic erotic sex scenes as her being 13, we will not accept the book no matter the era. You can show all aspects of a relationship, but the sex scenes must be between adults.
Even though that’s how it was back in the day, we will not be reviewing children in graphic sexual situations.
The number of reviews in the comments will be determined by how many of our reviewers sign up. Guest reviewers are welcome, and it will be an honor to share your review with a link to your social media.